Sunday, January 23, 2011

Envelope System update

I thought I would just give everyone a quick update on how the envelope system is going for me. For those of you who may have not read my earlier post you can go here. It is working out fairly well the only envelope that is not working is the gas one because with the rising cost of gas and my husband traveling more than 50 miles one way to work it is hard to determine what needs to be in the envelope. So what I have decided is that I am allowed to fill up my vehicle once a week that usually works out real well unless I have to take one of the kids to the dentist (dentist and orthodontist are both over 40 miles away).  The grocery, drug store, and miscellaneous envelopes are doing great.  I use the miscellaneous envelope for Walmart or other stores that I go into that I may find a great deal for school clothes or clearance finds. I have done so well on grocery shopping and planning meals around what is in the stockpile that I only had to buy milk, eggs, bread, and some fruit last week.

No comments: